Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Adventures in Pioneer Square

Today my lovely friend Kelly and I hopped on a bus with plans to explore the historic Pioneer Square. We met my fabulous husband Benjamin for lunch, who then gave us a tour of his new place of employment. We stumbled upon a wonderful shop that unfortunately was going out of business. The owner was so kind and charming, we were sad to see that his store was no longer going to be there. The up side to that was the fact that everything i the store was 70% off! We were lucky, little gals today. What fun!


I just had to take a picture of this gorgeous, ivy covered building. I wish that this building housed my boutique and sewing workshop. Leah's little altier!



Here Benjamin and I are posing for the camera. I'm doing something weird which doesn't really surprise me. It's my thing!



This is a photograph of what Benjamin's office looked like back in olden times. Those large, dark objects in the doorway are bear pelts.  



This is what Benjamin's office building looks like now. The stairs are so old and beautiful!  I was really impressed with what I saw. I wished I worked there!



I just loved everything about this structure. Arched windows, ivy, a giant smokestack! I just can't handle it!



I bought this lovely frame from the gentlemen whose store was going out of business. I later found this antique bird card at another boutique that fit just perfectly inside.



I just can't resist old matches so I simply had to have these to add to my collection. I'm going to give the one that says "Austin's" to my friend whose name is Austin. He can use them to light his pipe!



I've been wanting a scale for some time now and this one was just perfect! It was brought here all the way from India and I love it so much!




1 comment:

Patricia said...

We have the Austin's matchbook now! I put it with the rest of our matches! I didn't realize you had given it to him...I just thought he found new place called Austin's. Ha.